sâmbătă, 20 decembrie 2008

To my charming friend


'We get bored with everything, my angel, it's a law of nature: it's not my fault.

So now if I'm bored by an affair which has completely absorbed me for four solid months, it's not my fault.

If, for instance, the extent of my love has exactly matched the extent of your virtue-and that's certainly saying a great deal-it's not surprising that they have both run out at the same time. It's not my fault.

The result is that I've been deceiving you for some time now; but in fact it was your dogged devotion which somehow forced me to! It's not my fault.

And now a man whom I desperately love is insisting that I give you up. It's not my fault.''

I'm well aware that this gives you an excellent opportunity to cry foul; but if Nature granted women only constancy while endowing men with stubbornness, it's not my fault.

Take my advice, do like me and get yourself another lover. This is a good advice, in fact, it's very good advice: if you don't like it, it's not my fault.

Farewell my angel.I've enjoyed having you and I've no regrets at leaving you. I may come back to you. That's the way of the world. It's not my fault.'

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu